Mind Your Manners
Every Wednesday afternoon I tutor a boy who is in 3rd grade in math. His name is Along and he just moved to the US about a year and a half ago. Can I just tell you how much I'm enjoying it? He is so polite and so smart and always works really hard. Well, today I met his dad for the first time (I talked to him on the phone once), because the other times he was picked up by his sister, and his dad was saying how their family is so grateful to me that I am helping him and that they're so excited about the tutoring program. How awesome is that? On the other hand, my friend Jen is also tutoring and the mom to her student literally said "well, what do you want me to do with this whole thing, its all on you..." basically saying she wanted no part in her daughters education, when Jen called to introduce herself...I cant believe parents like that, who dont care about their child's education...and for that matter, I dont understand people that have absolutely no manners whatever...a little kindness goes a long way...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home