Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Powerless......{again}

The past week or so I have been feeling a little under the weather (I'm feeling much better now, thankfully) and I've been so busy...I *really* shouldnt be writing this now because I have so much left to do, but I felt like at least a quickie update.

Friday Bis' college lost power again...this time I was there alone because he was at his internship...it went out around 1ish in the afternoon...apparently the high winds knocked a tree onto the wires...anyways, it was kind of rainy and Bis lives in the "basement" of his building, theres still a window but its half underground, so there wasnt too much light and I didnt want to waste the flashlight battery so I basically napped for the afternoon...4:30 rolls around, powers still out and its starting to get chilly without any heat..then a paper slides under the door saying everyone on campus needs to evacuate because its not safe for people to be in buildings without power (back in the olden days they seemed to survive w/ out power, but whatever.. :P)...so I was like crap, because I'm technically not supposed to be on campus as a "guest" w/out the person who checked me in, so I couldnt leave his room b/c i didnt want to risk getting B in trouble (me not wanting to go in an old gym wiht hundreds of people i dont know, is besides the point.. ;) )....so i shut the shade and very quietly resumed my napping...15 minutes later, a pack of 4 people were banging on the doors telling us to evacuate...then they came to Bis' door and THEY UNLOCKED IT AND CAME IN AND SHINED A FLASHLIGHT IN MY EYES! They have never done that before when they evacuated! I was so surprised (and a little perturbed that they disturbed my fake sleep...lol)! So I told one of the ladies that I would get ready and be out in a few minutes....so she shut the door...then I called Bis, fully knowing I would *NOT* be leaving to go be crammed in a yucky old gym...he said he was about a half hour away and then he would come pick me up (since he had the car)...so I decided to camp out in his armoire (if you can even call a tall 2ftx2ft cupboard an armoire)...so I cleaned out the bottom, leaving a few pairs of pants to cover my feet and climbed in with my flashlight and cell phone....and there I waited until Bis came back to rescue me...haha...it was quite the event....oh, and the power didnt end up coming back on until 2 in the morning...

Other than that, my life has been fairly uneventful....Bis' parents came down to visit us on Sunday for the afternoon, we went into Boston and went to the top of the Prudential building, it was so nice to see them and hear how people were back home...then yesterday I had off for Presidents Day...and today I was running around doing the things I should have done yesterday when I decided to give myself a little break from everything...and then tomorrow I'm swamped again with appointments, classes, and TONS of hw...my life is so interesting right now ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! That's the funniest story I've ever heard! I'm just picturing you hiding in the cupboard! HAHA!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my gosh erica!! you hid in his cupboard! lol. that's so awesome. i wish you had picturs!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home