Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring Break Happenings...

I've been having so much fun on my Spring Break...I needed the time at home for sure and I've been lovin' every minute of it...unfortunately, its flying by and I only have one more day at home and then back down to school on Saturday morning...I've taken so many pictures some of which I will share once I get back to school :)

My Spring Break Lo-Down- :P

Monday-Read, read, read (read the two books I brought home...)

Tuesday- Just hung around and RELAXED!

Wednesday- Went shopping with my mom looking for a dress to wear to Bis' graduation in May...there were absolutely none in the stores, I got kind of frustrated, but what are ya gonna do...I also bought a new book, "Night" by Elie Wiesel (sp?)...I've only gotten the chance to read the introduction so far....anyone read it? I've heard good things about it. We also went to my Uncles Sugar House for an hour or two to watch him boil, one of our family traditions, and one of my absolute favorite things to do...its one of those things where the sights, smells, etc. can bring you back to your childhood and everything seems perfect in the world...loved it.

Thursday- TODAY! This morning I went down to my grandparents house and my grandmother and I made two batches of homemade donuts, yum, then I had lunch with them [w/ warm donuts dipped in fresh maple syrup for dessert of course! ;) ] and then I went with my grandfather to check the tap lines and see how the sap ran today (good, if you were wondering, lol). Then I went to my LSS...I was kind of disappointed, they didnt have any of the new lines out yet like I had been hoping...but still managed to spend some $ none the less. :)

Today Bis and I decided we're going to NYC on April 1st...his school is offering transportation for only $10 each, so we had to take advantage of the offer, and we had been wanting to go back again since we loved it so much last year, but it was kind of expensive last year so we didnt think we would be able to go back this year at least, but $10? I think we can swing that ;) :P...Now I just have to plan what we're gonna do...I'm always the designated travel planner and Bis goes along with whatever I want, so I have some QUICK planning to do...I still have my binder from last year (I go all out when planning trips, lol) that I can flip through, but I want to do something new....I was thinking I wanted to quickly go back to Ground Zero again tho, cuz it was so powerful the first time we went and I'm curious to see any changes, but other than that I dont have ANY ideas...Any Suggestions??? I need them! :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! Enjoy! And wanted to say thanks for the nice comment on my blog! It's been exciting sharing my news with such nice blog readers! :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

hey E! glad you're having a fun week :) as for my dress, I got it in KY at a store called Goody's. I'm not sure if they have them up in this area, but they have super deals. hope you find something soon :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

sounds like a relaxing spring break. i miss spring break.
I had to read Night in high school, many moons ago. It was very well written.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ive never been to NY. but im the same way about travelling. i need to plan!

and i read night in high school. i really liked it even if it was a forced read!

2:46 AM  
Blogger J and D said...

Sounds like you're having a great time! I read Night and really liked it (in the way that you like a really upsetting book) - just couldn't put it down. Highly recommended. What else have you read this week? I'm always looking for suggestions!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home