Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I *heart* NY

The more I go to NY the more I love it...and I definitely think that going for the day is the way to go...when you live close enough that is...last time we spent the night and between the cost of the hotel and how exhausted we were the next day, unless you're going to stay for more than two days, its not worth spending the night...anyways...here are some pics of the highlights...:)

Our first stop was Yankee Stadium, unfortunately there were no tours going on because it was so close to their home opener, but the guy at the head desk was really nice (and very talkative...) and he let us take a quick peek inside...
This picture has to be one of my favorites of the trip, lol, gotta love the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry...

Next was lunch at Gray's Papaya...yummm! We both had the special (two hot dogs and a drink for $2)...and then Bis went back for another because they were so good...haha.

Then, Ground Zero...we went here last year, but were curious on seeing how things had changed since then and also wanted to visit the PATH station that we missed the first time around...it actually affected me more this time than the first...down in the PATH station there was a high school choir singing, giving it sort of an eerie feeling...

There was also this...it was a wall of different paintings/pictures that children (ages 2-16 I believe) who had lost family members on 9/11 had done...it was part of a project that was supposed to help them cope with the loss...this is where I started bawling...seeing paintings by 5 year olds who wrote, "I miss you Daddy"...it was heartbreaking...definitely a moving/emotional moment...

We also stopped at Rockefeller Center...I remembered going there when I went in 7th grade and thought it was neat at the time, so I thought I'd check it out again...I'm in the middle, see me? :)

There were flowers everywhere in NY...so springy...and it smelled so good everywhere we went...these were at Rockefeller Center..

And then of course Times Square...

Unfortunately there wasnt enough time for the Museum of Modern Art...but we're hoping to go back for the day again sometime this year, so we'll get the chance to see the things we havent yet, with MoMA being at the top of my list. Hope you enjoyed the pics :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pictures are so good. i want to go to new york so bad. i need a travel partner!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics!!! How fun!!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home