Friday, May 12, 2006

Since my last blog post I have:

-Finished up the hardest semester of college so far (both personally and academically) and finished my junior year
-Been so busy
-Unfortunately, stopped putting in as much effort as I should have with my school work, which will no doubt show up in my grades...but the only thing I seemed to really care about was the semester being over and done with.
-Dealt with one of my kitties having a serious health problem, although she seems to be doing fine at the moment (I love my kitties so much, so it was quite traumatic for me, especially since I couldnt be there to keep an eye on her)
-Missed being home
-Been COMPLETELY addicted to the Food Network and foodtv.com....my online recipe box is two recipes away from being completely full...
-Started to accept the reality that Bis and I will once again have to be in a long distance relationship...I've known this for awhile but the closer it gets the more real it becomes
-Started keeping an eye out for apartments for this fall
-Got my placement for my two-day teaching in the fall...I got my first choice school, I was so excited! I will be in a first grade classroom with a teacher that I worked with a little bit last year. She is great to work with and so helpful and I cant wait.
-Started to *really* accept/understand who I am as a person and being okay with it.

Tomorrow my parents are coming down and I am going home to Vermont. The last few weeks have been more negative than positive for me so I am really looking forward to the summer and starting new. This summer will be my last summer at home and I'm so excited to:

-Attend Bis' college graduation (exactly one week from today!) and all of the festivities surrounding it
-Teach my fourth year at the preschool in my town.
-Catch up with friends that I havent seen since winter break
-Spend much needed time with my family
-Get more things for our apartment...I've already started collecting some things, but this summer is when I'm going to do my serious shopping
-Celebrate my 21st birthday...I dont drink, but its such a milestone and I'll be glad to *really* be considered an adult...well I guess its still young adult, but its still better than the 18, 19, 20 age range :P
-Meet Bis' new neice, Dakota
-Go camping at Acadia National Park in Maine
-Scrapbook again...with all the busy-ness I havent had the chance to sit down and scrap since I dont even know when
-Eat real food (glad I'm finally done with college eating!)
-Start learning some new recipes for the fall (the three or four recipes I know by heart would hardly make for well rounded eating)...plus this way I can have some of the kinks worked out by the time B and I move in together so I can insist that cooking is a natural talent of mine... :D
-Make a dent in my "Books to Read" list

Mostly I just hope to take life as it comes, experience as much as possible, and cherish every minute.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been busy! i do love the food network too! congrats on your teaching placement for the fall!

6:43 PM  
Blogger J and D said...

I'm sorry the past term has been so hard for you! I hope you get some time to relax, and take care of yourself soon.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home