Thursday, August 31, 2006

Summer Overview

Since leaving school in May:

-Bis has graduated from college
-My brother Colin went to his prom
-Bis and I had a great Alumni weekend in our town...where Bis played in the Alumni Baseball game against the current Legion players...and his dad was the Grand Marshall in the Alumni Parade.
-I went on TONS of Jeep rides in my dad's "baby" :P
-My brother turned 17
-I made three different kinds of jam (with some assistance from my mom)...strawberry, strawberry-peach, and raspberry
-We had major flooding in our area, causing a visit from the Governor to look at the damage...we actually stumbled across his visit on one of our Jeep rides...
-I bought, stripped, and painted lots of furniture from yard sales, family members etc. for Bis and my new apartment
-Went to Maine with my family for a day trip
-I turned 21
-Spent tons of time with my little preschoolers (who occassionally drove me nuts during the summer, but now I miss so badly)
-Cooked TONS of different recipes...I most likely will share some of those later. :)
-Went to Acadia National Park in Maine with Bis....it is absolutely GORGEOUS up there...I didnt want to leave!
-Our bunny Thumper passed away this summer :( :'(
-Bis got us into the Fenway Park tours for free on a weekend I was down in Boston...we went up on the Green Monster, which was very cool...I hadnt been up there yet. (and we saw the Cow statues from the Cow Parade on the streets around Boston...which excited me becauseI find those types of things so fun)
-Bis' sister had her baby, so we have a new niece!!! :D
-I started knitting...so far I have only completed a scarf...but it was so fun!
-I hiked up to the Pinnacle...a local hike that has an amazing view...

Now I am moved in with Bis down outside of Boston, and I'm excited, but so homesick...I'm definitely a country girl at heart...luckily tomorrow I will be heading home for the weekend for my cousins wedding...

I tried to add some pictures but blogger is being finicky right now and I dont have the patience for it...so for the time being I will leave you with a picture that I feel sums up my summer:



It is overexposed and hasnt been edited yet, but I love it because my mom made me burst out laughing as I was trying to get a different picture and I ended up with this...me looking happy, free, fun, content, and of course, I'm in the Jeep... :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally an update! sounds like an awesome summer erica!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! sounds like a lot of fun :)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home